- July 22, 2020
- Yoshiko Koizumi, Izuru Goto, and Mikio Tanaka have been recognized by the Asian Business Journal as Japan’s Top 100 Lawyers 2020.
- July 14, 2020
- Yoko Maeda participated at a speaker in the webinar entitled, "Closing the gate before the horse has bolted", organized by HK45.
- July 13, 2020
- Chambers High Net Worth 2020 has ranked Hitomi Sakai as a leading individual in the area of Private Wealth Law-Japan.
- July 9, 2020
- Yoko Maeda will participate as a speaker in the webinar entitled, "Closing the gate before the horse has bolted", organized by HK45. (July 14, 2020)
- July 6, 2020
- Mikio Tanaka wrote an article titled "Notstandsgesetzgebung in Japan: Wesentliche Inhalte und verfassungsrechtliche Grenzen" (PDF) on the major legal contents of the State of Emergency in Japan and its Constitutional limits in the Summer 2020 issue of JAPANMARKT, published by the German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan.
- June 30, 2020
- Yuko Toyoda co-authored a book titled, "Practical Commentary on the Amendment of the Companies Act" published by Koubundou Publishers Inc.
- June 5, 2020
- We could not receive e-mails and our website could not be accessed from June 4, 2020 around 22:45 due to a power failure in our web server administrator’s building.
Dates and times when system malfunction occurred: Thursday, June 4, 2020 around 22:45 ~ Friday, June 5, 2020 around 23:00.
If you have sent any e-mail to our e-mail address (@city-yuwa.com), there is a possibility that such e-mail was undeliverable or has not reached us even if it was not undeliverable. If you sent us any e-mail during such period and did not receive a reply, we would appreciate it if you could re-send us your e-mail. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- May 20, 2020
- Ryoko Takeda wrote an article titled, "Scope of Duty of Confidentiality of Tax Accountants to the Request for Information by Bar Association and Response to Collecting Information by Tax Authorities: Focusing on the Decisions of Osaka High Court Judgement dated August 28, 2014 and Kyoto District Court Judgement dated September 27, 2017, and Amendment of the Act on General Rules for National Taxes in Fiscal Year 2019" published by Japan Tax Research Institute (Public Interest Incorporated Foundation).
- May 18, 2020
- Yoko Maeda has been recognized as a "Future Star" by Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 2020 - The definitive guide to the world's leading litigation firms and lawyers published by Euromoney Institutional Investor plc, London, UK.
- May 6, 2020
- Hitomi Sakai’s article titled "A taxing estate" was published in the STEP Journal (May, 2020).
- April 3, 2020
- COVID-19 Notice:
In response to ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, we limit our work at our office located at Marunouchi, Tokyo for the time being. Since our attorneys are working remotely, please contact us via e-mail. With respect to meetings, we would like to request for non-face-to-face meeting. For delivery of any documents to us, please send them to us via e-mail if at all possible.